A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A tad bit of regret

We went to a wedding this last weekend, our first as a married couple. Sitting through the ceremony and reception- D$ and I had a blast and chuckled about our wedding and remembered how much we loved x,y,z at our wedding, but how cool a,b,c was at this wedding.

I have no regrets about our planning or the results of our wedding. Let me be honest, it was bad-ass. I loved it, every minute and would do it all again, no changes.

However, my TucsonBFF got engaged this weekend and I am sooo pleased for her, but filled with regret. D$ didn't ask me to marry him, he didn't get down on one knee. He didn't have a ring. We didn't have a huge announcement, in fact when we called to tell his folks, their phone was out of order, so we told my folks- then had to wait another day to tell his. This after being engaged for a week without sharing with anyone (that part I don't regret!). So I read all 44 and counting comments on facebook and I am bursting inside for her! But also a bit regretful that we don't have an engagement story.

2 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

It's funny how regrets are always there. There was this one thing you didn't do because you just didn't have time, energy or cared for it.

But then you see someone else do it and suddenly you regret and miss out on all that fun you could have had.

I skipped the bachelorette party because there was just no way to get everyone together. It would have been a lot of fun but cest la vie I suppose.

Linda said...

We don't have an engagement story either and it took about 2 months for me to get an engagement ring.
I don't regret it but it would have been fun.